Monday, July 7, 2014

2014 July 7 - Morning Manna

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.   (Proverbs 23:23)
 
Today's Morsel: After I preaching a message entitled, "A Failure To Follow Instructions", now when I buy something, I'm always looking for the instructions to ensure that I put whatever I've purchased together correctly.  I don't want to be no fool (lol).  Solomon tells us to buy the truth and sell it not.  You know, I see a lot of Truth (Bibles) on yard sales and in junk stores because someone did not see the value of truth.  I often wonder if the lives of those people who are selling them on the yard sales and junk stores are in confusion, if their marriages are on the brink of falling apart, if their children are rebellious and strung out on alcohol and drugs, and I wonder if there is joy missing in their homes and complaining, swearing, and profanity in its place.  When you sell the truth, you are also selling your wisdom, instruction, and ability to understand.  Have you ever seen the picture with the little fellow sitting in the corner of his school on a stool with a cone on his head, that says, "Dunce"?  Let me assure you, he didn't get there by himself.
 
Sing:  Something beautiful, something good, all my confusion, Jesus understood. All I had to offer him was brokenness and strife, but he made something, beautiful, out of my life.
 
Thought for Today: "Truth still works."

No comments:

Post a Comment