Friday, July 25, 2014

2014 July 25 - Morning Manna

 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach. (Isaiah 4:1)
 
Today's Morsel:  I'm shocked by the number of people who say that they are saved, but have no change in their outward appearance.  I'm afraid that because some continue to preach to 'come as you are', the mindset is that I can dress as I please.  The priest couldn't just enter the temple anyway he wanted to. God ordain that his garments be holy. If we say that we are Holy Ghost filled believers, then our garments must be holy as well. We must remember that once we have our new birth experience, we are called to be kings and priest unto the Lord. "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." (Revelation 1:6).  Therefore, our outward must be a reflection of our inward. Isaiah said that they would want to be called by the name, but they would want to wear their own apparel. Translated by me, I want to be called a Christian, but don't you tell me what I can wear.  If you want to be called by the name, then you have to reflect the image.
 
Sing: The windows of heaven are open, God's power is falling tonight, there's joy, joy, joy in my heart, since Jesus made everything right. I gave Him my old tattered garments, He gave me a robe of pure white, I'm feasting on manna from heaven, and that's why I'm happy tonight.
 
Thought for Today: "An outward appearance reflects an inward heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment