Saturday, July 5, 2014

2014 July 5 - Morning Manna

"And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it. And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel? Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem."    (1 Chronicles 21:1-4)
 
Today's Morsel:  One of the things that Satan uses to bring division in the church with the leaders is to get them to compare themselves among themselves.  Let me ask you a question, which church is the most successful, the one with ten people and they are all ready for heaven or the church with five hundred and none of them are prepared?  I think you can see the answer is obvious.  Jesus isn't concern about numbers as much as He is with us preaching and telling the truth.  George Thomas "Tom" Seaver (born November 17, 1944), nicknamed "Tom Terrific" and "The Franchise", is a former Major League Baseball pitcher.  He pitched from 1967-1986 for four different teams in his career, but he is noted primarily for his time with the New York Mets.  During a 20-year career, Seaver compiled 311 wins, 3,640 strikeouts, 61 shutouts, and a 2.86 earned run average.  In 1992, he was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame by the highest percentage ever recorded (98.84%), and has the only plaque at Cooperstown wearing a New York Mets hat. Seaver said,  "In baseball, my theory is to strive for consistency, not to worry about the numbers.  If you dwell on statistics you get shortsighted, if you aim for consistency, the numbers will be there at the end."   If leadership in the church gets caught up in numbers, they may be listening to Satan and not the Lord and they can become shortsighted. But if they remain consistent with what Jesus has asked and called them to do, the numbers will be there.  This is what Joab was saying to David, don't worry about how many are there, God knows.
 
Sing: I'm so glad that I'm a part of the family of God, I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood; joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, I'm so glad that I'm a part of, the family of God.
 
Thought for Today: "Visions are reached by consistency."

No comments:

Post a Comment