Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 December 24 - Morning Manna

"Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me"
(Job 19:23-27
)
 
 
Today's Morsel: Often when we read the book of Job, we don't see Job speaking prophetically of Jesus' birth and His coming to the earth.  But if we will take a closer look at what Job says here, we can see that he was speaking prophetically of Jesus.  He said, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."  The word "latter" means "last." According to Isaiah 44:6, "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God" (Isaiah 44:6).  And Job said that he would stand upon the earth in the latter day.  Peter, speaking on the Day of Pentecost, spoke of Joel's' prophesy, "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh..." (Acts 2:17).  But Job said that in the last day his redeemer would stand upon the earth.  John wrote, "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet. Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee? Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?" (John 7:37-42).  "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said, Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel" (Luke 2:25-32).   Friend, our Redeemer has come and the greatest gift you can receive is the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Simeon, like Job, knew that as long as he retained his relationship with God, no matter what happened in his body, he would someday see his Redeemer.
 
Sing: What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see, when I look upon His face, the one who saved my by His grace; when He takes me by the hand, and leads me through the Promised Land, what a day, glorious day that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment