Wednesday, May 8, 2013

2013 May 8 - Morning Manna

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
 
Today's Morsel: I often wonder, if we don't sometime miss understand the scripture. I believe that many, when quoting and reading today's passage, fail to hear the words, "to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Even though people receive salvation through repentance, water baptism in Jesus name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost, it doesn't mean that they are called according to His purpose. Yes, we are all called to be witnesses of God. But is that God's specific purpose for you? Do you know what God's purpose is for you? I have asked people why they chose a certain career path? And they say to me, "That is what my parents wanted me to be." So really, that path may not have been God's purpose for their lives. Many children enter the ministry (which is a good thing), yet that may not be God's purpose for their lives. When relating his converstion to the king, the Apostle Paul said, "And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me"(Acts 26:14-18). Paul said that Jesus told him, "For I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee." Paul was chosen for a specific purpose and I believe this is why he said this to the Romans "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Paul's original purpose that he had for himself was to arrest and persecute Christians. And by all indications, Paul loved God. But was arresting and killing Christians God's purpose? No! God's purpose for him was totally different than what he expected. Solomon tell us to get both wisdom and an understanding. Paul wanted us to know that if we truly love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, that when God calls us for a specific purpose, then all things will work out according to the purpose God called us for.
Sing: For thou art great, and doest wondrous things! Thou art God alone, teach me Thy way, oh Lord. I will walk in Thy truth, unite my heart to fear Thy name, I will praise Thee, oh Lord, my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Thy name, forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment