Saturday, May 4, 2013

2013 May 4 - Morning Manna

Then tidings came to Joab: for Joab had turned after Adonijah, though he turned not after Absalom. And Joab fled unto the tabernacle of the LORD, and caught hold on the horns of the altar. And it was told king Solomon that Joab was fled unto the tabernacle of the LORD; and, behold, he is by the altar. Then Solomon sent Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, saying, Go, fall upon him. And Benaiah came to the tabernacle of the LORD, and said unto him, Thus saith the king, Come forth. And he said, Nay; but I will die here. And Benaiah brought the king word again, saying, Thus said Joab, and thus he answered me. And the king said unto him, Do as he hath said, and fall upon him, and bury him; that thou mayest take away the innocent blood, which Joab shed, from me, and from the house of my father. (1 Kings 2:28-31)
 
Today's Morsel: I've noticed that most Christians sacrifice at the altar, but fewer die at the altar. We give our offerings, pray, and even stand around the altar, but few die at the altar. The sacrifice was killed and placed upon the altar. If we are called to be living sacrifices, then when we come to the altar, we should be ready to die. Once I die to this world and my flesh, I am no longer pulled and tugged by them to draw me away from the Lord. The reason sin is not to have dominion over you, is because you should be dead to sin. And that should have happened to you at an altar of repentance, as repentance is death. Death to this world and oneself. So if we are dead, Paul said that we should not serve sin. In so many ways, we may have to die daily the same as Paul did. (I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily - 1 Corinthians 15:31.) When Benaiah came to the tabernacle of the LORD, and told Joab, Thus saith the king, Come forth. Joab said, "Nay; but I will die here." Joab said was saying, No, I will die right here at the altar. When I die at the altar by myself and to myself, the second death will have no power over me.
 
Sing: Is your all on the altar of sacrifice laid? Your heart, does the Spirit control? Only be blest and have peace and sweet rest, as you yield Him your body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment