Thursday, October 4, 2012

2012 October 4 - Morning Manna

And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
(Luke 2:48-49)
Today's Morsel: "On the street I saw a small girl cold and shivering in a thin dress, with little hope of a decent meal. I became angry and said to God; why did you permit this? Why don't you do something about it? For a while God said nothing. That night He replied quite suddenly: "I certainly did something about it. I made you." (This story was given to me by my Mother-in- law.)
Isn't it interesting that we can complain about the things that we see that are wrong in the world, and can even blame God for it when it's really our fault. I was reading a book that was suggested by our Church college cell group leader, and in that book it said that we have more than what we know what to do with; that we are really rich and don't realize it. Our homes are so big and we have so many clothes that we have to have walk in closets to store all of our clothes. We have so many cars that we have to build houses to store them. We have two and three bathrooms. And that we have so much food that we can decide what we want to eat and when we want to eat it. Amazing isn't it. And yet the book says that we say we aren't rich.
When Mary and Joseph found Jesus in the temple they were a little bit upset with Him. But Jesus told them, "Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" In other words, I've got a job to do. He said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." (Luke 4:18-19). Friend there is work to get done, because the night is coming when no man can work, Jesus said. If evil seducers are going to wax worse and worse, then we better get the work done while we have the light. When Jesus saved us, He didn't tell us to sit back relax and enjoy our retirement. He said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:19-20). Are you about the Father's business.
Sing: Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning. Give me oil in my lamp I pray. Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning, burning, burning, keep me burning till the break of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment