Monday, October 22, 2012

2012 October 22 - Morning Manna


For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (1 Corinthians 13:9-13)

Today's Morsel: Just a few weeks ago, when I went out to exercise at 4:30 or so in the morning, I could see everywhere I was going and what was on the road before me because it was light out.  But now, at the same time, it still dark out and I can't see what is on the road before me.  Paul said that we now see through a glass darkly. When we look into scripture, we don't really understand it all. But as we keep reading and studying God's word, it begins to illuminate before us and bring about an understanding. This is one of the reasons that each year as you read your Bible through, new things are revealed to you.  It was there before, but your eyes were not open to it.  Paul said, "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake."(2 Corinthians 4:3-5).  The gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  So until the scales are removed from one's eyes, as the apostle Paul's were, they will continue to live, talk and walk in darkness.  The apostle Peter tells us, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy" (1 Peter 2:9-10).  Spiritual enlightenment begins with the knowledge of truth. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him,  Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"(John 14:6-9).  Once we have that truth, that same truth enlightens us.

Sing: Light of the world You stepped down into darkness. Opened my eyes, let me see. Beauty that made this heart adore You, Hope of a life spent with You.

Here I am to worship, Here I am to bow down, Here I am to say that You're my God. You're altogether lovely, All together worthy, All together wonderful to me
.

No comments:

Post a Comment