Tuesday, October 30, 2012

2012 October 30 - Morning Manna

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:1-7)
Today's Morsel: Often when I read scripture, I like to determine if it is something I should be looking to come or if it is taking place right now. I am somewhat like John the Baptist when he sent his disciple to Jesus. He said, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" (Matthew 11:2-3). So when I read scripture I try to determine if it is being fulfilled now. Paul told Timothy the above mentioned scriptures and he said in the last days that these things would happen. The same way that he wrote to the church at Roman, "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet" (Romans 1:26-27). I believe that today's passage of scripture is being fulfilled right before our eyes from 1600 Pennsylvania North West, Washington D.C. But with all that said, I still cling to God's promise to Solomon when he said, "If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land"(2 Chronicles 7:13-14). And I also believe what Paul told Timothy even though he instructed him about the perilous times in the last days when he said, "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" (1 Timothy 2:1-6). I still believe that prayer changes things no matter how bad things may look.
Sing: Hear my cry, oh God, attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the earth, will I cry unto thee. And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to that Rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment