Wednesday, October 10, 2012

2012 October 10 - Morning Manna

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Acts 2:1-4)
Today's Morsel: Acts chapter 2 is a fulfillment of many prophecies from the Old Testament scriptures, and no born again believer should be surprised at what happened. The Psalmist had recorded, "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore"(Psalms 16:9-11). The Prophet Isaiah recorded, "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear" (Isaiah 28:10-12). And the Prophet Jeremiah recorded, "Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Take these evidences, this evidence of the purchase, both which is sealed, and this evidence which is open; and put them in an earthen vessel, that they may continue many days." (Jeremiah 32:14). And even the Prophet Ezekiel penned, "And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."(Ezekiel 36:27). Micah, one of the minor prophets recorded, "But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin" (Micah 3:8). And Jesus Himself said, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26). He also told His disciples, "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high," (Luke 24:49). Luke records the fulfillment of these prophecies when he wrote, "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." There are other indicators that you have been filled with God's Spirit as displayed by the fruits of the Spirit in one's life (Galatians 5:22-23). But the undisputable evidence to oneself of being filled with God's Spirit is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance, the same as it did upon the 120 in the upper room on the Day of Pentecost as recorded in Acts chapter 2, and the Gentiles in Acts 10:44-48. As Jesus said, "Search the scriptures" (John 5:39-40).
Sing: The wind is blowing again! The wind is blowing again! Just like the day of Pentecost, the wind is blowing again!
On the day of Pentecost, a mighty rushing wind, blew into the upper room, and baptized all of them; with a power greater than any earth foe, I now I'm so glad I've got it too, I want to let the whole world know.
Because greater is He that's within me, greater is He that's within me, greater is He that's within me, than he that is in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment