Monday, March 26, 2012

2012 March 26 - Morning Manna

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour
(Luke 10:25-29).
 
Today's Morsel: Why is it that people always want to justify themselves when they don’t want to obey? I mean, they read the same Bible as you, hear the same sermons as you, attend the same church with you, but because they don’t want to obey the Word of God, they want to justify themselves. So they say things like, I don’t think you have to do that to be saved; or I don’t think I have to get rid of that from my life to be saved; I can dress and wear what I want; I can go where I please and listen to what I want. They want to justify themselves. Paul tells us to walk in the Spirit and we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. You see, the flesh wars against the Spirit. So when one desires to justify themselves, they are trying to appease the flesh not the Spirit. Remember, you are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus and the Spirit of our God, (1 Corinthians 6:11) not the flesh. My prayers are with you for Spiritual justification!
Sing: Search me, O God, and know my heart today; try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray: see if there be some wicked way in me: cleanse me from every sin, and set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment