Friday, September 9, 2011

2011 September 9 - Morning Manna

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. (Proverbs 24:10)

Today's Morsel: This is probably one of my favorite scriptures. Why?  Because it keeps me in check.  It lets me know that if I give up in my trials and tribulations, my strength in the Lord isn't where it's suppose to be.  It has been said that it takes two things to blow down a tree: a heavy wind outside along with rot and decay inside.  So it is with us.  The winds of adversity may cause us to bend, but if we are healthy, strong and vigorous inside, we will arise and grow to new heights after the storm passes.  Why does adversity cause some folks to break and others to break records?  If we were to see ourselves as an oyster, we could understand what beauty can come from our adversities.  When a foreign object is introduced into a mussel or oyster, the animal coats the irritant with a substance called nacre, the same material with which it builds its shell.  Layers of nacre build up to make a beautiful pearl.  So when adversity come into our lives, if we keep coating them with what we use to make use strong; the Word, prayer, praise, worship, compassion, love, joy, patience, and temperance;  we too can produce something beautiful in our lives.

Sing: Something beautiful, something good, all my confusions, Jesus understood, all I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, but He made something beautiful out of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment