Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2011 September 7 - Morning Manna

O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. (Psalms 119:97-104)

Today's Morsel:  I came home the other day and to my surprise my wife had filled the freezer with Schwan's Ice Cream.  It's really good ice cream and so you have to be careful that you don't eat too much of it, because it tastes so good.  They say that too much of anything isn't good for you.  And I agree, except for the Lord!  When it comes to the Word of God, I just can't seem to get enough of it.  I seem to find myself seeking and meditating on it more and more.  Every day, I learn something new.  I, like the Psalmist, have learned to say, "How sweet are His Words to my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"   When something is good to me, I usually like to read the ingredients for understanding to see what's in it that makes it taste so good, so I can somehow try to duplicate it for myself.  Granted, I cannot add to nor take away from the Word of God, but I do look and read it because I want the understanding so I can understand why it is so good.  As David said,  "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him" (Psalms 34:8).  The main ingredient in the Word is Jesus.  And as Jackie Gleason use to say, "How sweet it is!"

Sing: I keep falling in love with Him, over and over and over and over again. I keep falling in love with Him, over and over and over and over again. He gets sweeter and sweeter as the days go by, O' what a love between my Lord and I, I keep falling in love with Him, over and over and over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment