Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2011 September 28 - Morning Manna

The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. (Nahum 1:7)

Today's Morsel: I'm sure you've heard the saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  Nahum says that the Lord knows them that trust in Him. Therefore, we shouldn't think that we can fool God.  Jesus said that even the hairs on our heads are all numbered by God. David said that we should taste and see that the Lord is good.  To taste is to perceive that the Lord is good.  We need to stop and see and observe just how good God truly is.  I believe the reason many people have trouble trusting in God and believing in Him is for that very reason, they fail to stop and see what God is doing in their lives. They're too busy to stop and smell the roses.  Many think that they are doing it themselves, when in reality, as Moses cautions, it is the Lord.  "But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day" (Deuteronomy 8:18).  As Jesus said, "Without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:5).  One song writer asked:  Who woke you up this morning? Who put the biscuits on the table? Who put the clothes on your back? None other but Jesus.  Let me encourage you today, when trouble comes, it is not the time to start trusting Jesus.  Job did all the things he did to establish his relationship with God while he was still in his right mind. And as Paul said, they were written for our example.  The time to begin trusting in the Lord is now, before the trouble comes.

Sing:  I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, or on the rolling sea, for come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over, over, me.
 
I trust in God, I know He cares for me, upon the land, or upon the raging sea, though billows roll, He keeps my soul, my Heavenly Father, watches over, over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment