Thursday, September 22, 2011

2011 September 22 - Morning Manna

If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. (Job 14:14)

Today's Morsel:   I was very young when my grandmother passed away.  At her funeral, I felt as though I was walking on pins and needles.  It was the first funeral I can remember that I had ever attended.  Death had never been explained to me.  And so after her funeral, I asked my mother about the service and why so many people were sad.  She explained that we shouldn't be sad but happy, as it was a home going for the one who had died.  It was at that point that I realized that people die and do not live forever.  Job said, "If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come."  Paul said, "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory" (1 Corinthians 15:53-54).  Jesus told Nicodemus that a man must be born again. Therefore, in order for one to be born again, he must die.  When we die to the things of this world, Jesus will give us newness of life.  When we repent of our sins, we are dying.  When were baptized in His name, we are being buried with Him, and when we are filled with His spirit, we are given a new life to walk as He walked.  You don't have to fear dying if you are a true born again believer, because your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life.  So go ahead and let your faith soar and start rejoicing as Paul and take pleasure in your infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake.  One day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.  Isn't the goal of Christianity to live and to reign with Him forever?

Sing: Go ahead, drive the nails in my hands; Laugh at me where you stand; Go ahead, and say it isn't me; The day will come when you will see!

'Cause I'll... rise again; Ain't no power on earth can tie me down; Yes, I'll rise again,  death can't keep me in the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment