Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010 November 30 - Morning Manna

And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 19:1-10).

Today's Morsel: There seems to be so many today without the knowledge of Jesus Christ.  Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost, but because so many think that their salvation is intact, there seems to be no urgency by some to added spiritual things to their life.  Zacchaeus had status in life.  He had money.  He had a house to live in.  By today's standard, Zacchaeus, could have been a millionaire.  But Zacchaeus was missing something in his life. He was sinking in loneliness and despair.  He was without salvation.  Zacchaeus was lost.  Zacchaeus needed Jesus, and many around him never noticed.  He was like so many today, they have all the things that would cause most people to say that they are millionaires and that they must be happy.  But this is where so many error. Money and things don't meet salvation needs.  As Peter told Simon, your money perish with you that you thought you could buy the Holy Ghost.  Material things only help you present a front of  everything being alright.  But a true front and a life of contentment  will only be founded in a person when Jesus is the center of their lives.  If Jesus isn't first priority in a person's life, sooner or later, that life is going to become meaningless.  I believe that this is the point which Zacchaeus had reached and he went looking for Jesus.  Yes, he got into a tree to see, but I believe that he was hoping that Jesus would see him as well. And Jesus did not  disappoint him as He came to seek and to save that which was lost.  Are you lonely today?  Do you need a friend or someone to talk to? Then Jesus is seeking for you. Open your heart and He will come in and make Himself known unto you, as loneliness is a sign of something missing.

Sing:  One night while on life's raging sea, it looked as if I would suffer defeat. As the blackness of night closed off the light, my heart sank with fear.  My desperate cry rang out with fright; all I could see was no hope in sight.  With faith all but gone, I met the one, who came looking for me. (Chorus

2.  Satan had already picked out my grave, his plan had moved forward to put me away. I'd drifted so far, would anyone care that I'd soon be lost. I knew my destruction was a matter of time, but Jesus appeared and said, "This one is mine." Now I'm safe with no harm, for he walked through the storm, He came looking for me. (Chorus) 

Chorus:  He came looking for me, He came looking for me. He made a way when there was no way that I could see. When I drifted so far, Jesus was near, to rescue my soul, and calms all my fears. Now I'm safe from all harm, since I met the one,  who came looking for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment