Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2010 November 16 - Morning Manna


Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not? If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities (2 Corinthians 11:24-30).

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24)
  
Today's Morsel:  Have you noticed that all those commercials and advertisements you hear about the longest lasting batteries really aren't  true?  I don't think that the Energizer Bunny lasts longer than any other battery.  He may beat for a while, but he's coming to an end sooner or later.  If you are looking for something to keep you running and running, and going and going, get the Holy Ghost in your life.  Look at the apostle Paul.  From the time he heard the truth of the Gospel, received the Holy Ghost, and applied it to his life, he didn't stop running until he was bound and couldn't run any more.  And then the only way they could stop him from running was to kill him.  But that really didn't stop him either.  What his death did was cause people to seek for the "product" Paul was selling.  Have you found the product that bears Jesus' name, the One that will keep you running forever?  It's called "Holy Ghost Power."
"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth "(Acts 1:8).  

 "And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:7-12).

 If you are going to keep on going to make it to the end, you are going to need that Holy Ghost Power.

Sing:  I got it, the Holy Ghost power.  Do you want it, the Holy Ghost power.  I need it, the Holy Ghost power.  Go back to the altar, Down on your knees, Stay there ‘til you get the Holy Ghost power.

No comments:

Post a Comment