Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2010 November 23 - Morning Manna

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:1-6)

Today's Morsel: I had  a man tell me once that his wife thought the TV soap opera "Guiding light"  was a religious program, until she started to coming to the church where I pastored.  What humor. 
Now days, with the Global Positioning Systems (GPS), it seems much easier to find your way to wherever you want to go.  You just put in the address, and that puppy will take you right to your location.  It's too bad that this system doesn't computer to get you to heaven.  If you are going to go to heaven, you are going to have to revert back to the old way of travel, the Word of God.   We are going to have to use that original light.   Jesus is the light which rules the day and the night, and He is the bright and morning star.  He is the one that orders our steps in His Word.   So if you are going to make heaven, you are going to have to follow His directions as He leads you.  "No man can come unto the Father,  but by me," Jesus said.  Jesus is the only way to heaven.  As Jacob said, "This is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven" (Genesis 28:17).  If you are going to heaven, you have got to be in the church.  You can't make it on your own.  The church is for the perfecting of the saints and the working of the ministry.  There is no other way.  Check the Bible.  It's your heavenly GPS.

Sing:  There's just one, one, one; one way to God. There's just one, one, one; one way to God. There's just one, one, one; one way to God, baptized in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment