Thursday, November 18, 2010

2010 November 18 - Morning Manna

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. (Titus 3:8)

Today's Morsel: When I was in the military, and each time I chose to reenlist, I had to recite the oath of enlistment.  It was more or less an affirmation that I would continue to perform the oath I had taken when I first enlisted to serve.  They used to have us swear, but then someone said that Bible says that we should not swear, and so they began to allow soldiers to swear or affirm their commitment.  No matter which word the soldier chose to use, (swear or affirm) he was confirming his commitment to fulfill his duty and his oath.
 
Paul said that there are things that must be affirmed constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works.  We must constantly affirm our commitment to God.  We must affirm our love and faith.  We must affirm our commitment to set the captives free.  We must affirm to a life of holiness and separation from this world.  We must affirm that we will hold fast to sound doctrine.  We must affirm family values, convictions, and promises.  Are you affirming your commitment to God regularly?  Are you reenlisting in the Lord's Army?  There is no discharge in this war.  King Solomon informs us,  "There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it" (Ecclesiastes 8:8). When we affirm to live our lives according to His Word, these things become good and profitable unto men.

Sing:  I'll say yes, Lord, yes; to your will and to your way.  I'll say yes, Lord ,yes; I will trust you and obey.  When Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment