Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2010 November 2 - Morning Manna

"A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit "(Proverbs 15:4)

Today's Morsel:  When I arrived in Vietnam for combat duty, we were first given an orientation on how the enemy can breach our parameters.  It was amazing to watch how the enemy could get through razor sharp concertina wire.  One guy would slowly and tediously open a hole big enough for the others to easily get through and into the parameter without being seen, and it would be through this breach in the defense that many enemy soldiers would come and destroy lives and material.
Satan's goal is to establish a breach in your defense.  Solomon said, "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit."  How we speak can bring about life to others.  But if we use our words incorrectly or perversely, we have a breach (an opening) in our spirit for the enemy to enter through.  Somehow we have allowed the enemy to get inside.  Somehow we have allowed the works of the flesh to manifest themselves within us.  Therefore, we need to search our hearts and ensure that the gap is repaired and filled so that no other enemies can come in.   Solomon tells us to guard our hearts for out of it are the issues of life.  We must become as the psalmist when he prayed,  "Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips" (Psalms 141:3).  Sticks and stones do break bones and words sure do hurt.
  
Sing:  He touched me, Oh He touched me.  And Oh the joy that floods my soul.  Something happened, and now I know, Jesus touched me, and made me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment