Thursday, July 8, 2010

2010 July 9 - Morning Manna

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. (2 Chronicles 16:9).

Today's Morsel: A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his pack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you." He nearly jumped out of his skin. He clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the flashlight on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you." Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. "Did you say that?" he hissed at the parrot. "Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you." The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?" "Moses," replied the bird. "Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird Moses?" "The kind of people that would name a Rottweiller Jesus."

The Bible says that the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. God is watching you. There is nothing hidden from Him. He's the all seeing eye. This should not be seen as fear, but as a comfort, knowing that if our heart is right toward Him, He will protect us from any hurt, harm or danger. Jesus only has your best interest at heart. So put your trust in Him.

Sing: Why should I feel discouraged? And why should the shadows come? Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home? When Jesus is my portion, a constant friend is He, His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I'm happy. I sing because I'm free. His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment