Friday, July 16, 2010

2010 July 16 - Morning Manna

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
(1 Timothy 1:12-17)

Today's Morsel: If you had to give a number for the sins you have done and been forgiven for, how many would you say that God has forgiven you of? I don't think that we realize how good and compassionate God is to us. God loves us even though we may not fully realize the depth of His great love. He's not willing that any should perish, Peter said. The apostle Paul gives us a picture of just how good God is. Paul said that he was the chief of sinners. That means that he was the number one sinner. Chief is the head, and Paul said that Jesus came into the world to save such as himself (Paul). Paul said that not only did God save him, but He put him into the ministry. Why would God take the chiefest of sinners and use them to spread the gospel? Because those who know that they were sinners and understand what God has saved them from, are apt to tell others what God has done for them. A true witness knows what God has done for him. The ways of a transgressor is hard and when God delivers one from that life style, he knows that he truly has been made free.

Sing: I know I'm saved, and I'm so glad about. I've found the joy my spirit craved. It is so real that I could never doubt it, Oh praise the Lord I'm glad to know I'm saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment