Saturday, July 24, 2010

2010 July 24 - Morning Manna

And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother. Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments: And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.(Genesis 35:1-3)


Today's Morsel: Do you ever feel distressed and snowed under? Stress isn't anything new, and so you shouldn't feel bad if you have a little stress in your life. Some stresses are good for you. They can help you to see what you are made of. Almost all of the leaders you read about in the Bible faced stress in their lives at some point and time. But they overcame it by maintaining their relationship and focus with the Lord. David was so stress that he said, "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance" (Psalms 42:5). When he returned to Ziglag and everything he owned was taken, he wept bitterly. King Saul was so stressed that he took matters into his own hand to offer sacrifices, commanded the people not to eat anything, and couldn't sleep. Jacob said to the people, "Let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went." He said that God was with him in the day of his distress. And God will be with you, just don't stop worshiping and praising Him when you start feeling a little weighed down and snowed under. He will never leave you. And besides, He is the one that gave you the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

Sing: He gives strength to me, as I worship Him. As my heart, is filled with praise. Jesus breaks the bands, as I raise my hands. He gives glorious victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment