Thursday, July 1, 2010

2010 July 1 - Morning Manna

Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts (Psalms 119:173).


Today's Morsel: Often, we find that when working on certain projects, we may need a helping hand. There is nothing like two working together. When we offer someone a hand, it maked their weight and burden less heavy and the burden lighter. The Psalmist said, "Let thine hand help me." Jesus is always willing to lend us a hand. He said, "Ask, and it shall be given thee." When Peter began to sink, he cried out, Lord, save me, and immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him (Matthew 14:30-31). Sometimes, it may seem that we are sinking in the things that we have to do, but if we will set our pride aside and ask others to help us, we may not feel so snowed under. It is better to allow others to share in the glory and reward when we are doing a project, then to kill ourselves trying to do it all alone for our own glory. Isaiah said of the Lord, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10). God will help you. Could you use a hand today? Then why not ask someone to assist you, you just may be surprised what happens. You could even be making a new friend or learning more about your neighbor. "The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion" (Psalms 20:1-2).

Sing: Hold to God's unchanging hand. Hold to God's unchanging hand. Build your hopes on things eternal, hold to God's unchanging hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment