Friday, May 7, 2010

2010 May 7 - Morning Manna

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time (1 Peter 1:3-5).


Today's Morsel: They say that the reason an elephant doesn't pull the stake out of the ground with his power is because when he is a baby the owners attached a larger rope or chain to his leg and attached it to a stake. When the Elephant tries to pull away, he feels the struggle and he stops trying. He got it in his mind that he is trapped,and it became a snare to his mind, so he stopped trying to pull away. And now, anytime he has anything around his leg he feels trapped, he senses that he is snared and cannot get loose. I wonder what would happen if we would all get it into our minds that we are kept by the Holy Ghost (Power of God), through our faith unto salvation? What if we became like that elephant and just locked it in our minds that we can't get loose from Jesus and become like the psalmist, when he said, "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence"(Psalms 139:7)? We must become shackled to God, and be like that elephant. When we feel that tug of the Holy Ghost at our hearts, must become content and know, as the apostle Paul said, Nothing shall be able to separate me from the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus my Lord.

Sing: Jesus, lover of my soul, Jesus, I will never let You go. You've taken me, from the miry clay, You've set my feet upon the rock and now I know, I love You, I need You, Though my world may fall I'll never let You go. My Savior, my closest Friend, I will worship you until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment