Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2010 May-19 - Morning Manna

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage (Galatians 5:1).

Today's Morsel: Some people are like roller coasters, up and down at a very fast pace. If they aren't traveling at 100 miles per hour, they don't know what to do. But we, as born again believers, must live our lives at a stable and consistent pace. We are not to be up and down, but we must remain steadfast. Paul said that we are to be steadfast and unmoveable. To be steadfast is to be unwavering, persistent, committed, dedicated, and firm. James said, "He that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed" (James 1:6). You can't build anything if you are always on the go and have no stability. We must be built on the solid foundation and one that is unmovable. We must be built on Jesus Christ, as He is the chief cornerstone. When you became born again of the water and spirit, Jesus made you free from the things that caused you to be unstabled. Now you must choose to not go back to those things, as they will cause you to come under bondage and be yoked again in sin. So let me encourage you today, Jesus saw the hold that Satan had on you and He purchased your freedom, don't let Him down by going back.

Sing: He set me free, yes, He set me free, He broke the bonds of prison for me, I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, glory to God, He set me free.

1 comment:

  1. This verse has resounded to me this morning. Again, thank you Brother Parker.

    ReplyDelete