Saturday, May 22, 2010

2010 May 22 - Morning Manna

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19).


Today's Morsel: There is nothing like finishing working in the yard and your wife brings out to you a good cold glass of water or sweet ice tea. Those are times of refreshing to the body. Peter said that there would be a time of refreshing to the soul. I believe that every church service should be a time of refreshing to the soul. They should be times that you are revived and go away full and satisfied. Jesus said, "But the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:14). Anything that Jesus gives to you is for the refreshing of the soul. Ezekiel saw living waters gushing from the altar (Ezekiel 47). John the Revelator saw a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb (Revelation 22:1). Living water should always be being poured out in the house of God. Is your soul thirsty today for more of God? Does your soul need to be refreshed today with living water? Peter said that people should repent and be converted that their sins may be blotted out, because there would be a time of refreshing coming from the Lord. Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). Isaiah said, "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear" (Isaiah 28:11-12). The gift of the Holy Ghost speaking with other tongues is the refreshing for your soul.

Sing: I thirsted in a barren land of sin and shame and nothing satisfying there I found; but to the blessed cross of Christ one day I came, where springs of living water did abound.

Drinking at the springs of living water, happy now am I, My soul is satisfied; drinking at the springs of living water, O what a wonderful and bountiful supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment