Saturday, May 15, 2010

2010 May 15 - Morning Manna

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her (Ruth 1:16-18).


Today's Morsel: I saw a Marine Corps billboard the other day that said, " We don't take applications, just commitments!" What a great slogan. As I read that, I immediately thought about Ruth and her commitment to follow her mother- in- law Naomi back to Bethlehem. In so many ways, this is what Jesus is asking each of us. He doesn't want you to sign some card or shake some hand to become a part of Him. He wants a commitment from each of us. He said, Except you take up your cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciples. Cross bearing requires commitment. So I ask you today, just how is your commitment to the things of God? Are you committed to following through with the vows you make? Are you committed to tithe your time, talent, and treasures to the Lord's work? Isn't it amazing that commitment only has one "I" in it? And that "I" points to each of us. Commitment must begin with each of us first, and God will take care of the rest. Ask Ruth.

Sing: I'm going through! Yes, I'm going through! I'll pay the price, no matter what others may do. I'll take the way with the Lord's despised few; I started out with Jesus, and I'm going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment