Monday, April 19, 2010

2010 April 19 - Morning Manna

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it (Psalms 139:1-6).


Today’s Morsel: It amazes me how much God knows. I’m like the psalmist when he said, such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. He knew when David sinned with Bathsheba, He knew when Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery, and He even knows what you are doing right now. The Bible says that there is not a sparrow that falls to the ground that He isn’t aware of. We know that Jesus knows everything about us, should we not therefore put our trust in Him? David also said of the Lord, "You know me." God knows everything we are going to do. And because He has given us a free will, He will not stop us from exercising that will. God knows everything about us and there is nothing hidden from Him. So let me encourage you today, knowing that He knows you, and that you will someday appear before Him to give an account of the things you have done in this life, why not start now following His ways now, so that when you appear before Him, you won't be surpised at what He says to you.

Sing: He knew me, yet He loved me, He whose glory makes the heavens shine. I’m so unworthy, of such mercy, yet, when He was on the cross that day, you and I were on His mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment