Sunday, April 11, 2010

2010 April 12 - Morning Manna

“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore” (Psalms 121:1-8).


Today’s Morsel: A few weeks ago, I had to go in for an eye exam and get new glasses. I guess the older you get, the more the eye sight grows weaker. I never thought I would get to the point of needing glasses, since I always had perfect vision until just a few years ago. But thank God for optometry that can help in this area as I need my eyes. The Psalmist said, I will lift mine eye unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. May I ask you a question, where do you look when you need help? Do you run to the doctor, pastor, counselor, or a friend? All these are good and can aid us in times of need, but what about help for our spiritual eye sight? What about help in maintaining that peace that passes all understanding? What about when we feel snowed under or weighed down, where do we turn for help? The psalmist said, "I will lift my eyes unto the hills from whench cometh my help." For me, I’m going to look to Jesus . I’m going to go down on my knees and do what the psalmist admonishes us to do in Psalm 24,when he said, “Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.” (Psalms 24:7-10). Do you need the to Lord to come in? Then "open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it saith the Lord” (Psalms 81:10).

Sing: I will lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help, my help cometh from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. (2X)

Chorus: My help! My help! My help! All of my help cometh from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment