Friday, April 16, 2010

2010 April 16 - Morning Manna

Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves? When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness (Luke 22:52-53).


Today’s Morsel: Jesus said that this is the world’s hour and the power of darkness. When we look at our world today, it seems as though darkness is advancing hour by hour. Wicked rulers seem to be in authority in every country. With all the complaining, murmuring, shootings, murders, wars, and unrest in this world, darkness is abounding. But Paul said, "Where sin did abound, grace did much more abound." God’s grace is always sufficient for us. Paul also said that evil seducers would wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived in these last days. Jude informs us that, “These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever” (Jude 12-13). My! My! My! Darkness is upon us. Jesus said that because of wicked injustices, the hearts of many shall wax cold. These are dark times around you, my brothers and sisters, but you have been called to the kingdom for such a time as this, that your light may shine brighter and brighter unto that perfect day. Let not your hearts be troubled about what is happening around you. It not time to run, but as Jude again tells us “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen” (Jude 1:20-25). Keep the Holy Ghost lamp burning in your life and follow Jesus. For He said, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. "

Sing: When in service for my Lord, dark may be the night, but I’ll cling more close to Him, He will give me light; Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside, but my Lord goes ahead, He leads wherever betide.

Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever of His saving grace; on the streets of glory, let me lift my voice, cares all passed, home at last, ever to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment