Friday, September 15, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 15

The Plumbline

“Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me; and, behold, he formed grasshoppers in the beginning of the shooting up of the latter growth; and, lo, it was the latter growth after the king's mowings. And it came to pass, that when they had made an end of eating the grass of the land, then I said, O Lord GOD, forgive, I beseech thee: by whom shall Jacob arise? for he is small. The LORD repented for this: It shall not be, saith the LORD. Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and, behold, the Lord GOD called to contend by fire, and it devoured the great deep, and did eat up a part. Then said I, O Lord GOD, cease, I beseech thee: by whom shall Jacob arise? for he is small. The LORD repented for this: This also shall not be, saith the Lord GOD. Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the Lord stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand. And the LORD said unto me, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A plumbline. Then said the Lord, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more:” (Amos 7:1-8)

Today’s Morsel: A plumbline is a line with a plumb (weight) attached to it, and it is used for finding the depth of water or determining the vertical of an upright surface. Masonries and carpenters use them it to ensure straightness when laying brick, stone, or walls. The Lord showed Amos a plumbline and stated to him, “I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not again pass by them anymore.”  God is showing him that He is worn out with their continuous sin and wrongdoing. God was showing us that His judgments are exact and rules of justices. God doesn’t have but one standard for His people. That judgment is His word. And he is not going to pass over it when we stand before Him in judgment. Jesus said, “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” (John 12:46-48) The Lord is coming. Prayers aren’t going to stop His judgment. Pleading and begging for the mountain to fall on us isn’t going to stop His judgment. Repentance isn’t going to stop His judgment on that day. The only thing that will stop his judgment against you will be if your name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.  Is your name there?  Today it is not too late to get it there, don’t wait for the day of judgment.  

Sing: I love Him too much to fail Him now; too much to break my vow.  For I promised the Lord that I would make it somehow, and now I love Him too much to fail Him now.


No comments:

Post a Comment