Friday, May 22, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 May 2020


Busyness
Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.(Luke 10:38-42)

Today’s Morsel:  I am often perplexed at the number of people who are always so busy doing nothing.  When I ask them how they are doing, they tell me, “Oh I’m so busy.”  I ask them doing what?  And they can never tell me.  We must not mistake activity for achievement.  And we must realize that busyness does not equal productivity.  When Jesus came to the house of His friends Martha and Mary, scripture says, “A certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” How many times has Jesus came to your house, and you didn’t have time for Him because you were so busy doing nothing?  Maybe if we started to be more industrious rather than busy we could get back to the model of the early church, and we could accomplish more in our lives and for Jesus.  “And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” (Acts 2:46-47)  What does your day hold?  Are you busy or are you productive?  

Sing:  I lean on You Lord. I lean on You Lord. For the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through.  You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: “Busyness does not equal productivity”

No comments:

Post a Comment