Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 May 2020


The Secret of Contentment
“Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” (Philippians 4:11)

Today’s Morsel:  I was watching a YouTube documentary a few weeks ago on inground homes. These two guys had only what looked like a piece of metal pipe with a sharp end and they began to dig in the ground.  And through their determination, persistence, and skills, they built this wonderful underground home for themselves.  They even included an underground swimming pool with it.  It was a dirt home, but it was absolute beautiful when they finished it.  And when it was completed, they seemed so content.   Paul stated that he had learned that no matter what state he found himself in to be content.  Shipwrecked, imprisonment, hungered, and thirsty yet he thought himself contentment.  One of the best ways to develop contentment is to realize that life is a gift not a right.  If you are not contented with what you already have, chances are you will not be content with what you would like to have even if you get it.  

Sing: I am, so satisfied, I am, so satisfied, with my Savior; He means more to me than anything, anything than this world could ever offer me.

Thought For Today: “If you are not content with what you already have, chances are you will not be content with what you would like to have even if you get it.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment