Thursday, May 28, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 May 2020


Our Little Effort Contributed So Much 
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.(Matthew 25:31-40)

Today’s Morsel:  You know, I have come to realize that more folks are saved by kindness than any other way.  I believe that the reason Jesus had so many followers was because He was so kind to everyone.  But of course, He couldn’t defy who He was.  He’s filled with lovingkindness.  If we say that we are Christians, and we do no kind deeds, who is going to believe that we are who you say that you are?  A card, a text, an email of kindness can really minister to the hearts of others.  The old saying, “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” is true.  How can people be so educated and yet with no compassion? Kindness crosses all race lines and barriers.  A heart without kindness does not understand the ‘Golden Rule.’  We must do unto others as we would have them do unto us.  Jesus said that when we have fed the hungry, given drink to the thirsty, visited those who are sick and in prison, and helped cloth those that are without, we are doing it unto Him.  Believe me, it is the little things that you do for others that contribute so much for the kingdom.  And it is those little things that will touch the hearts of others for Him.  

Sing: Thy lovingkindness is better than life, Thy lovingkindness is better than life.  My lips shall praise Thee, thus will I bless Thee.  I will lift up my hand unto Thy name.

Thought For Today:  It the little things that you do for others that contribute so much for the kingdom. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment