Friday, May 29, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 May 2020


I’m Where I’m At Today Because Of Him 
“Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.”
 (1 Timothy 1:9-13)

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often I am asked by folk how I got to La Crosse, Wisconsin being from North Carolina.  And then some will ask how I got into the ministry.  And I love to tell them my story.  But here, I do not have the time nor the space to tell it all.  Maybe someday you can read it in a book.  Like Apostle Paul, I thank my God, the Lord Jesus Christ, who has enabled me, for that He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.  I am where I am all because of Him.  As David said, “He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.” (2 Samuel 22:17-18)  You are not where you are by accident.  You may have been sent to the job that you have because of that person that hates you so much, or that person that dislikes you, or that woman or husband or child that has been abused, or the people without hope, or the micromanaging boss.  Your desk in school might be where it is because of the person next to you is hurting inside.  I am sure Paul didn’t enjoy being in prison.  But after the earthquake, the jailer was glad that Paul was there (Acts 16).  Friend, I am where I am today all because of Jesus. And I have no doubt that He has a purpose for it all.  Don’t ever discredit where you are.  There is a purpose.

Sing:  If it had not been for the Lord on our side, tell me where would I be, where would I be.
He kept my enemies away, He let the sun shine through a cloudy day; Oh, He wrapped me in the cradle of His armsWhen he knew I'd been battered and torn.  If it had not been for the Lord on our side, tell me, where would I be, where would I be.

Thought For Today: Don’t ever discredit where you are, there is a purpose. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment