Thursday, April 23, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 April 2020


A Good Night Sleep
“Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.” (Psalms 127:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m often asked what time I get up in the morning.  When I say that most mornings I get up between 4-5 people look shocked.  And the next thing they say to me is, "And you are not tired?" And I tell them, "No! He giveth his beloved sleep. I go to bed to sleep and get rest."  They say that the best bridge between hope and despair is often a good night's sleep. David states, “I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.” (Psalms 3:5)  If Jesus could sleep in the boat in the storm, so can I.  As I heard one fellow say, “If Jesus is going to take care of all my troubles and worries, then why should I stay up all night worrying about them. I’m going to bed.”  Rest well tonight!  

Sing:  What’s that I hear, is it the sound of a trumpet?  I feel the touch of a much better place.  And if I am dreaming, please don’t wake me, for soon the eastern skies will part and I’ll see His face.  

Thought For Today: They say that the best bridge between hope and despair is often a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment