Saturday, April 11, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 April 2020


The Resurrection
And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother. Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house. Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
(John 11:19-26)

Today’s Morsel:  The Gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Paul said that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day according to scripture.   (see 1 Corinthians 15:1-4)  Resurrection Sunday, or what many call Easter Sunday, is a day that many Christians celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  This day is of utmost importance to us as Christians because, as Paul said, if there be no resurrection then we are still dead in our sins and we are hopeless.  And then everyone who called themselves Christians and has died has perished.  He told the church at Corinth, “But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:13-22)  So tomorrow, as you celebrate Resurrection Sunday, remember, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:16-17)  God’s not dead, He is alive.  And it was all for our sins.

Sing:  I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today; I know that He is living, no matter what men say.  I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him, He’s always near.  
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!  He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.  He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!  You ask me how I know He lives.  He lives within my heart.

Thought For Today:  God’s not dead,  He is alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment