Tuesday, July 30, 2019

30 July 2019 - Morning Manna by Rufus Parker


Adapt and Overcome

I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.” (Philippians 4:12)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the phrases we learned in the military was "Adapt and Overcome."  In other words, adjust and get over it.  Don’t allow your circumstances and situations to cause you to become ineffective for the mission.  Get over it.  Paul knew how to adapt and overcome.  He told the church at Corinth: “Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not? If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.” (2 Corinthians 11:24-30).  He continues with these words, “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24); “I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:12-13).  If you can’t adapt and overcome the enemy will defeat you and you be ineffective for the mission.  Let's adapt and overcome so we are effective for Jesus.  

Sing:  I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life, oh what a change, in my life.

Thought For Today:  Adapt and overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment