Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 July 2019


Hidden Treasures

For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  During the summer, every now and then I like to stop at yard sales.  You never know what treasures you may come across.  I read an article in the paper a few days ago that said a man had purchased a picture for a few bucks that may be worth thousands of dollars.  For me, I like looking for old Bibles.  Sometimes I can find a nugget written in the margin by someone in the 1800s that will help increase my faith. Or I may find a message title written by some preacher. Just so many treasures.  Paul told the church at Colossi that in Jesus Christ was hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  Just think about what you could have if you committed yourself to search for Jesus.

Sing:  You can take this whole world, but give me Jesus. You can take this whole world, but give me Jesus. You can take this whole world, but give me Jesus. No turning back, no turning back.

Thought For Today: Christ - the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment