Monday, July 23, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 July 23

“In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.” 
(Psalms 71:1).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about being a Christian is you must develop a backbone and intestinal fortitude.  When you enlisted in God’s army, the devil put a bullseye on your back; and it’s not the horse that woody rides on in ‘Toy Story’.  It’s crosshairs to destroy you.  The psalmist prayed, ‘Let me never be put to confusion’. In other words, don’t every let me be ashamed that I chose to serve You and give my life to You. Let me encourage you. Don’t every be ashamed to be a Christian no matter how much you are persecuted, talked about, lied on, or called names. Jesus said, “Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you” (Matthew 5:12). Persecution is just another way of letting you know that the devil has taken notice of you.  Always remember, the light you shine may just lead someone else out of darkness.  So don’t ever be ashamed of the gospel.

Sing:  Standup! Standup! For Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross.  Lift high the royal banner, it must not suffer loss. From victory unto victory, His army shall He lead; till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed.

Thought For Today:   Persecution is just another way of letting you know that the devil has taken notice of you.  (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment