Saturday, February 24, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 February 24

“But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him” (Colossians 3:8-10).

Today’s Morsel: One of the quickest ways to destroy unity is through lies.  When you go to someone and confront them because they lied on you, their first response is usually, “I didn’t lie on you.  Who told you that.”  As Christians, we must get to the point in our walk with God that we stop lying and making excuses and start telling the truth even if it hurts.  We are new creatures in Christ.  The same holds true with anger, jealousy, filth, malice, and blaspheme.  All these things should never be in our lives as Christians because the old man is dead and buried.  We must endeavor to keep the unity of the body in the bond of peace.  We must not lie one to another, seeing that we have put off the old man with his deeds; and we have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after Jesus Christ.   Of all the funerals I’ve performed, I have never had a dead man tell me a lie yet.

Sing:  Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Cast me not away from Thy presence O’ God; take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.  Restore unto me, the joy of Thy Salvation, and renew a right spirit within me.

Thought For Today:  The truth shall make you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment