Friday, February 16, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 February 16

“And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD” (Lamentations 3:18-26).

Today’s Morsel:  I believe that one of the reasons people are often times despondent is because they do not stop and reflect on God’s goodness.  They keep focusing on where they are now, not on where God has brought them from and what He has brought them through.  Many of them think that they got to where they are on their own merits and strength not realizing that Jesus said, "For without Me you can do nothing."  They fail to realize that Jesus has brought them to this point and that He will continue to walk with them if they will just trust and believe in Him.  Jeremiah states, “And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”  He said that even though he felt that God wasn’t there, once he considered his life and where he was, he concluded that God was there.  He said that it was because of God’s mercies that he wasn’t destroyed. Don’t look at your situation and think that God isn’t there and is unaware.  He just might be waiting for you to acknowledge that He is there.   His compassions are new every morning.

Sing:  As I travel through this pilgrim land there is a Friend who walks with me.  Leads me safely through the sinking sand, it is the Christ of Calvary.  This would be my prayer dear Lord, each day to help me do the best I can.  For I need Thy light to guide me day and night, Blessed Jesus hold my hand.

Jesus hold my hand, yes, I need Thee every hour.  Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power.  Hear my feeble plea, O’ Lord, look down on me.  When I kneel in prayer, I know I'll meet you there, blessed Jesus hold my hand.

Thought For Today:  His compassions are new every morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment