Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 May 17

“Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms” (James 5:13).

Today’s Morsel:  I have come to realize that if people would speak encouragement to themselves, they would not be saddened.  But many people defeat themselves by their own words.  For example they say things like , “I am so stupid;” “I hate that;” “I’m so fat;” “I can’t believe that they expect me to work for that;” “What do they think I am, chopped liver?”. Shouldn’t born again believers have a merry heart?  Solomon said, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones” (Proverbs 17:22).  A happy disposition will help your body maintain a healthy countenance.  But if you break your own spirit by your own words, expect sickness.

Sing:  Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of life; Let me more of their beauty see, wonderful words of life; Words of life and beauty, teach me faith and duty. Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.

Thought For Today:  A merry heart is like medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment