Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 May 16

“Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews” (Acts 26:1-2).

Today’s Morsel: I don’t think that there has ever been a church that I have entered that someone was not unhappy.  It’s too hot.  It’s too cold.  The sermon was too long.  The church is always asking for money. They sing the same old songs.  I’m tired of the seven-eleven songs.  The seats are too hard.  The kids are too noisy.  Somebody took my seat.  There isn’t any where to park. The list goes on and on.  Paul told King Agrippa when he was given liberty to speak about his pending trial, “I think myself happy.”  When is the last time you thought yourself happy?  Do you see it as being happy to testify of God’s goodness?  Do think yourself happy when things aren’t going your way?  Do you think yourself happy when you are broke?  The Psalmist said, “Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD” Psalms 144:15); “Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God” (Psalms 146:5).  Do you know Him? If you do, then you ought to always think yourself happy.  Having Jesus should be enough to be happy about!

Sing:  If you’re happy and you know it say, Amen, say Amen. If your happy and you know it, say Amen, Amen; cause when God’s Spirit falls on you makes you shout hallelujah; if you’re happy and you know it say Amen!

Thought For Today:  Why not think yourself happy.

1 comment:

  1. The joy of the Lord is my strength. Shall we not accept the bad with the good? He is worthy. Rejoice always.

    ReplyDelete