Friday, May 12, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 May 12

“A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised” 
(Proverbs 12:8)
  
Today’s Morsel:  John Gill's Exposition on the Bible says of this verse, “A man shall be commended according to his wisdom, ... Not according to his birth and pedigree; not according to his riches and wealth; not according to the places of honor and trust he may be in; but according to his wisdom, which he discovers in his words and actions, in his life and conversation: not according to the wisdom that is earthly, sensual, and devilish; not according to the wisdom of the world, which comes to nought, either natural or civil; especially that which lies in sophistry and subtlety, in wicked craft and cunning, whereby men trick, overreach, and defraud one another; but according to that which is spiritual and evangelical; which lies in the knowledge of Christ, and of God in Christ, and of those things which belong to salvation; the beginning of which is the fear of the Lord, and which comes from above, and is pure and peaceable. A man possessed of this is commended by all wise and good men, and by the Lord himself; as the wise man is by Christ, who builds his house on a rock; for which reason, it stands.”  Wisdom is the principle thing, says King Solomon (Proverbs 4:7).  Get wisdom.  

Sing:  Never would have made it, Never could have made it, without you, I would have lost it all, But now I see how you were there for me;  I'm stronger, I'm wiser, I'm better, much better.  When I look back over all you brought me through, I can see that you were the one I held on to.

Thought For Today:  The wisdom from above is first pure.

1 comment: