Thursday, May 4, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 May 4

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Go and tell the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, Will ye not receive instruction to hearken to my words? saith the LORD” (Jeremiah 35:13).

Today’s Morsel:  When I was in the military, each day I provided instructions to the leaders from the commander, instructions of the things that should be accomplished by them to ensure combat readiness.  Some instructions that did not change were placed under the heading of Permanent on the unit’s bulletin board.  That way, all soldiers in the unit knew what they were required to do. The Lord sent Jeremiah to the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem saying "Will ye not receive instruction to hearken to my words?"  They were not listening to what God was instructing them to do.  Like so many, even in the church today, they heard God’s instructions, but they did not hearken to them.  Paul told Timothy, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works” (2 Timothy 3:16-17); and Solomon said that we should take hold of instructions and not let them go because they are life (Proverbs 4:13).  The more of God’s word that you know and obey, the better prepared you are going to be for life.

Sing: When He calls me, I will answer; when He calls me, I will hear; When He calls me, I will answer; I’ll be somewhere listening for my Lord.

Thought For Today:  Always remember, what God says is permanent (Parker).

1 comment:

  1. Not one jot nor tittle shall pass, until all is fulfilled: Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and always.

    ReplyDelete