Thursday, January 28, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 January 28

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalms 27:1)

Today’s Morsel:  From a little shepherd boy to a mighty king, David is an example of true trust and confidence in God.  No matter what he faced in his life, he still seems to maintain his confidence in God’s ability to deliver him from those who are against him and those who are out to harm him.  He said that God was his light and his salvation; whom should he fear.  When we have a clear understanding that God is light (1 John 1:5), that God is our salvation (Acts 4:12), and that He gives His angels charge over us (Psalms 91:11), we don’t have to fear what others can do to us.  God has the ability to show us the path that leads to life and He has the ability to make us free.  We don’t have to be afraid of man, because God is our strength and He fights our battles for us.

Sing:  God is my refuge and strength, my refuge in time of trouble, trouble.  God is my refuge and strength, my refuge in time of trouble.  And He will hide me, under the rock, under the rock, under the rock; and He will hide me under the rock, safe in the time of trouble.

Thought For Today:  They that trust in the Lord shall be protected from harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment