Saturday, August 9, 2014

2014 August 9 - Morning Manna

I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me. In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah (Psalms 77:1-3).
 
Today’s Morsel:  It seems as though the heat on complaining has been turned up.  Seems like everywhere you go or turn people are complaining about something.  My niece gave me a T-shirt from my alumni, the Richland’s high school “Wildcats” which said, “Winner’s Train, Loser’s Complain.”  As I read that shirt, I thought, "This is so true. When someone wants to win they accept the pain and suffering to become a winner."  The apostle Paul didn't complain when he suffered for the Lord.  He just said that the things which happened to him were for the furtherance of the gospel.  He told Timothy, “Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier” (2 Timothy 2:1-4).  When we allow ourselves to be trained in the Word and things of God, we won’t find the time to complain, but rather we will find ourselves sharing the gospel with the lost.  Complaining wears you down and causes you to become snowed under.  In other words, you find that you are carrying more weight than you bargained for.  On the other hand, praise and a positive attitude keeps you free and steadfast in the Lord.  Therefore, each day we must strengthen our minds, our purpose, our determination, and our tenacity to keep going during the tough times and not allow ourselves to be drawn into bitterness, fear, and torment.  Always remember, Jesus will keep you in perfect peace, if you keep your mind on Him.

SingI feel like traveling on, I feel like traveling on, my heavenly home is bright and fair, I feel like traveling on.

No comments:

Post a Comment