Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014 August 26 - Morning Manna

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
Today's Morsel: Everyone wants to go to heaven, but not everyone wants to enter the race.  You can't win if you never get in the race.  Paul said that we have to run in order to obtain the prize.  Even though you may not be as fast as others, once you enter this spiritual race endurance is what matters.  I've seen people who enter a race; some walking, some running; but they all know that they have to cross the finish line to be able to say that they have completed the race.  As Paul told Timothy, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8).  Have you entered the race? Do you have your eyes set on the prize?  If so, always remember, your salvation is nearer than when you first believed.
Sing: Lord, I'm running, trying to make a hundred, ninety-nine and a half won't do.
Thought for today: You must be present to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment